Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Tour of My Scrapbook Room

This past weekend, DH and I rearranged my crafting/office room...There wasn't enough room to hold my things not to mention the room wasn't being used to it's full potential..

Let me show you what it looked like before...


 It was a nice space but the workspace was so small....

And DH hung up 3 shelves for my scrapbook supplies..
back then I didn't have very many items..

I love this cubbies from Michaels...and it was the perfect height to hold my Cricut and Cuttlebug...
but it this corner was so dark not to mention not enough room to use the Cricut...

Now let me show you what happened after I acquired more product....


Wow, a picture does tell the story...very crowded and a little overwhelming..
okay maybe a lot of over whelming..


This is the TV area, we even added shelves here to store supplies and ended up going all around the TV..I love to watch Real Housewives, Nate Berkus, Keeping Up With the Kardashians...
okay the list is endless....
and it was just overflowing...


the other side of the room held the desk and computer...another catch all..
Now I'll show you the after...


We flip flopped the areas and the two tables are where the desk use to be..


The area around the TV is now cleared out...much easier to look at now..
(for all my TV shows...)

And we moved the desk over to where the table use to be,
removed the hutch off the desk..
the hutch wasn't storing anything but misc items...


Another look at the table set up...so much room and I love it..
I use this cutting mat all the time...


And we added two more shelves....


All ready to work on another project...


I moved my Cricut machine down to the table and know I'll use it
much more having it in a convenient place..and with lots of natural light..


I stacked my cubbies up four high and moved the bulletin board up on top..
everything needed to be moved up several inches.

and it's a great place for Max to sit and look out the window...

DH and I are working to truly declutter our home, next week I'll show you our living room...
almost done...and really open and updated..

I'm linking to these parties...

26 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my! What an amazing craft room! Love those cubbies, so much space to store things, and then the shelves! Most of my craft stash is shoved in a cupboard, whose door I'm now too scared to open as it will most likely fall out!

It all looks lovely, very inspiring I'm sure, and if not you can watch telly, hurrah!

Sunny Simple Life said...

What a wonderfully creative space. It is so lovely too. I am jealous. I admit it. I don't even have a desk of my own right now. Too many kids still here taken up space:)

Girl with the Curlz said...

Oh my word it looks great!! Can I say jealous :) I wish I had room for this.

Anonymous said...

I love this! My craft room is overflowing right now too. So thanks for sharing some ways to tone it down.

Brave Brooke said...

I'm totally jealous! Your room is amazing! Craft areas are so hard to keep clean!

Gail said...

Thank you for sharing your craft room and your thought process behind the changes. I'm up for new ideas because my room needs a little tweaking.

Barb S said...

Love the way your craft room looks! What kind of cutting mat do you have? I need a new one and need an idea on what to look for....thanks for sharng

Neabear said...

It is amazing how just switching things around can really make a difference. I love how it is now and having light at your work area is so awesome! Looks great now!

~Linnea

Grammy Goodwill said...

Your room looks great. I need to organize and move stuff around, too.

Blessings from Cindy said...

Love your crafting space! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Cindy

Sallie said...

I really love your newly organized craft room! The mirror on your inspiration board is sensational. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful storage ideas.

Heather Jacob said...

lucky lucky you it looks so organised and amazing ... love the white and pink touches ... very classic and divine ... thanks for the tour ... hugz x

Shabby chic Sandy said...

This scrapbook room is one of the nicest I've seen--good job and thanks for sharing!

Babblings and More said...

Great organization! I need to do this! I am your newest follower! Come check us out: babblingsandmore.blogspot.com
Thanks-Briana

Renee Hanlon said...

I love your new space! I have to laugh at your cat..mine is always right with me too :). Thanks for linking this up with my Saturday link party over at Rustic Crafts!

KimMalk said...

Your craft room looks so inviting and organized. I like the cheerful colors you've used. I seriously like that you put the fancy schmancy mirror in the middle of your bulletin board.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I would love to have a space to do my crafts other than the kitchen table.. lol

Mindie Hilton said...

Green with envy what a great space.
Thanks for sharing at Bacon time.

Doreen Grace said...

I love your craft room - it looks like a happy space. Thanks for mentioning where you got the cubbies. They are exactly what I need. :)

Ellen said...

What a nice area you have there. I would get back into scrapbooking if I had more space. I have my stuff in totes and bins....If I had that room I would rearly enter the main house.
Hugs,
Ellen

very merry vintage style said...

Everything looks so pretty and white and organized! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

Leanne said...

I love everything about this room. Thanks for linking to the party. I featured this today.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Love your creative space. Did I understand correctly, the cubbies are the stack-able ones from Michaels? Just such a bright , comfy space to go crazy! Thanks for sharing.
Smiles,
Pat

...a/k/a DJScrappiness... said...

I love your space - it reminds me of mine with all the white furniture and storage containers! How sweet of your dh to help you. I don't dare let mine help me! First and foremost, he's not all that handy with tools and secondly, well, let's just say we're all better off with him being "in the dark" about what all is in that room! ;o]

Charlene M. said...

Loved seeing your before and after pics of your craftroom. Very nice! I was wondering about your clock above your cutting mat. Is that something you made or did you purchase it?
Thanks again for the tour!
SouthernMrs
at verizon dot net

Ashley said...

Love what you did to your space! Looks so organized!

That picture of your cat looking out the window is so cute!

I'm doing a link-up of scrapbook rooms for National Scrapbook Day. Would love if you'd link up to your room.

http://wifeonabudget.blogspot.com/2012/05/scrapbook-room-tour.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails